It’s almost peach season in Ontario!
Not only is eating seasonally is a great way to save money on your weekly grocery bill, in season fruits and vegetables also taste better! If you’re trying to expand your family’s preferences of fruits and veggies, serving what’s in season can help! The flavours are so much more delicious and when purchased locally you not only support your local farmers but the nutrition content is higher!
This salsa is so fresh and versatile! Enjoy it simply with some corn chips, or use it as a topping for grilled fish or meat (It’s delicious with and fish, chicken, or even pork tenderloin.
Summer Peach Salsa
- 4 peaches, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- pinch sea salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium size bowl, add all of the ingredients and mix gently.
- Store in the fridge for 1-2 hours to allow the flavours to meld together.
- Serve salsa as a topping on grilled meat, or with corn chips.