This soup is truly a hug in a bowl! It’s great to make ahead and freeze so you always have something delicious on hand.
A delicious comforting soup, filled with immune boosting and anti-inflammatory properties, healthy fats and fibre!
Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 Butternut Squash, large size peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp honey optional (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a large bowl, toss the butternut squash with 1 Tbsp avocado oil and a pinch of salt and pepper, then transfer onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast the squash for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- In a large soup pot, heat the remaining 1 Tbsp of avocado oil on med-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic to the pot and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add in the roasted squash, turmeric, cinnamon, salt, broth and thyme and stir.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add the coconut milk and honey (if desired).
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender, or transfer to a heat safe blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve and Enjoy!